Lynn's Cafe

Lynn's Cafe


They say eating at Lynn's Cafe will change your life.

I've never been much of a meat eater. Give me a nice salad and I'm in heaven any day. I normally make my own, because it's cheaper. One day I decided I wanted something different, so I stopped by Lynn's to see what all the fuss was about.

Everything changed with that one visit. Just stepping into that cafe opened up a world of scents and flavors. I could literally taste the air; the aromas.

None of my friends have ever been there. That will need to change.
When I came, there was a special going on: everything was cheap. Cheaper than usual. It was amazing! It lasted for what felt like forever. For days, weeks, I visited that place. Every day was a new experience, a new taste.

Surprisingly, my favorite dish was the steak and potatoes. There was something about the taste, the texture. It was perfect!
Of course, I also got my salad with it, but everyday it was as if I'd been lured back; tempted by the delicious taste of all those different foods. Especially that steak!

I've never been a big meat eater, but I think I'm definitely developing a taste for it. Nothing I bring home seems to make me feel the same way as when I eat at Lynn's. It doesn't taste the same. It doesn't feel the same. Nothing seems to work. I'm so hungry.

I've thrown out everything in my refrigerator. It all just tastes funny anymore.

I'm noticing my friends are beginning to avoid me. They're not returning my calls or even attempting to meet up with me. I think it's because they're getting the wrong idea. There's nothing wrong about Lynn's. It's so clean, there are no pests around, not even strays. Even the population of begging homeless is minimal at best. I love it. I love the food.

Nothing sees to satiate my hunger anymore. Nothing but Lynn's cooking. It's as if food has taken on a new flavor and I don't like it. I tried getting something different -- fast food. I'e never vomited so violently in my life. I needed to go back to Lynn's.

Lynn's was packed. The line stretched out to the street. More are coming to know the beauty that is this wonderful cafe. Unfortunately, I couldn't help but feel judged waiting in that line. Every time my stomach growled, it felt as if all eyes were on me. God, I was so hungry!
My friends still won't answer my calls.

I didn't think I'd make it through that line, but I did. And it was worth it! The specials had ended, there was now only meatloaf on special. It was glorious! There was the issue of the fingernail that showed up on my plate, but it was okay. They apologized profusely and gave me a to-go order to make up for it. It sat in the fridge as I came to feel it was time to lay down when I got home. It had been a long day.

Sadly, though, I couldn't sleep. The hunger kept me awake. It was as if Lynn's meatloaf was calling me. I figured I'd just have a nibble...

After eating, I felt wonderful. The meatloaf was even better this time! I felt invigorated! I felt...hungry. I needed more.

Lynn's was surprisingly closed the next time I visited. That didn't stop the crowds, though. That didn't stop the loyal horde of diners from gathering around in the cold, hoping perhaps Lynn would show up and open up to the clamoring masses. We all went home starving.

Lynn's was closed again. I didn't know what was going on, but it made no nevermind. I knew they'd open again for us. They had to!

It's now been several days and no change. I'm getting worried. I'm starving. Pete finally answered the phone, though. That was a plus. He's supposed to come over today. I hope he follows through like he said he would. Pete's always been a good friend. A good, plump friend.

Well, Pete came by. He brought some food, but like everything else, it was disgusting. I couldn't eat it. He said I looked pale and like I really need to eat something. I would have to agree. I was so hungry, I couldn't help myself. He didn't see it coming, the lamp. I didn't need it anyway. I can eat in the dark. There should be plenty here to last until Lynn's opens again.

I'd never been much of a meat eater, but they say eating at Lynn's Cafe will change your life. It's true, though. I love it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy the story? Is there something you'd like me to include in a future story? Leave a comment here and let me know what you're thinking.